Links and Resources
- Convention on Biological Diversity
- FIRES Interdisciplinary Research on Ecosystem Services: Fire and Climate Change in UK Moorlands and Heaths.
- Institute for European Environmental Policy
- IUCN UK Peatland Programme - Promoting peatland restoration in the UK.
- International Peat Society - A multidisciplinary organisation focussed on peatlands and peat.
- Natural England - Executive Non-departmental Public Body responsible to the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs with the aim of protecting and improving our natural environment.
- Peak District National Park Authority - National Park Authority focussing on conservation, ranger services, biodiversity and policies. Factsheets are available under Learning and Discovery.
- Peatland Compendium - A resource for sustainable restoration and management of UK Peatlands, including an Interactive Map of UK peat projects.
- Wetlands International - An international organisation working across 100 countries to restore and conserve peatlands. Includes links to international policy documents.
- Yorkshire Peat Partnership - An umbrella organisation working to increase peatland restoration
- Centre for Ecology and Hydrology - Environmental Information and Data Centre, including Land Cover maps, Biological Records Centre and Environmental Monitoring Schemes
- Climate Research Unit - Climatic data available for download
- HydroSHEDS - Hydrological data and maps based on SHuttle Elevation Derivatives at multiple Scales
- USGS Land Cover Institute — Land cover datasets and links
- LandMap - Spatial datasets including elevation, radar and feature collections
- MAGIC Environmental datasets collated across government, including spatial datasets for download such as SSSI’s, Special Areas of Conservation, Special Protection Agreements and Environmental Sensitive Area agreements.
- Natural England - Publications, Maps and Data including GIS Digital Boundary datasets of Protected Areas and habitats such as National Nature Reserves, National Parks, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Ordnance Survey Open Data - Mapping data and geographic information including raster street maps, boundary lines and Land form (contours) datasets for download.
- South Pennine Moors GeoNetwork - An interactive resource base to share metadata and facilitate communication and collaboration between conservation, research and land management organisations.
- World Climate data - At 1km2 resolution, including precipitation and temperature recorded in the past, presently and interpolated for future scenarios.
- World Database of Protected Areas
Please note, whilst we have provided these links and resources for further research, we can not guarantee the accuracy or effectiveness of external sites.